We were delighted to be invited by Homeless Link to deliver a workshop on homelessness prevention at their annual conference in July, Under One Roof.
Kirsty our Project Manager and Christian our Pathway Coordinator attended the two day conference on behalf of NFNO and it was the perfect opportunity for NFNO to champion the importance of effective prevention work. It was great to touch base with other ‘NFNO’ projects, see existing partners attending our workshop, but also to share our learning and insight with those less familiar with the NFNO approach.
We were also fortunate to be able to attend other workshops and see some fantastic work being done in the area of prevention, from Westminster to Cornwall, as well as innovative practice in other areas including:
- New approaches to PRS and supported housing
- The impact of Temporary Accommodation on client behaviours and wellbeing
- Understanding what a ‘Homelessness Charter’ is and why it’s working well in Manchester
- Learn about Rough Sleeping Initiative accommodation being used in a unique way to assist those multiply excluded, and
- Research into the barriers to success for chronic rough sleepers
A big Thank You to Homeless Link for such a well organised and informative conference, and best of luck for next year’s arrangements!